Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sometimes, it just doesn't go according to plan.

So I got up and painted the door for a second time

Second coat, still taped by sarameg
Second coat, still taped, a photo by sarameg on Flickr.
Door after second coat by sarameg
Door after second coat, a photo by sarameg on Flickr.


Turned out pretty well, just a few spots that need a third coat.

Then I planted four pots of flowers.

Pretty pot by sarameg
Pretty pot, a photo by sarameg on Flickr.
Salvia, snapdragons and marigol by sarameg
Salvia, snapdragons and marigol, a photo by sarameg on Flickr.
Salvia, dianthus, something, something else by sarameg
Normal ones by sarameg
Normal ones, a photo by sarameg on Flickr.

Malevolent ones by sarameg
Malevolent ones, a photo by sarameg on Flickr.


As I started cleaning house, I noticed my diabetic, geriatric cat, Mister Kitty was staggering.  After administering some Karo syrup, and him now acting disoriented and trying to hide under the bed (he never does this) it was off to the emergency vet.

And then it started to storm.  Nothing I could do from the hospital.  Good news is old man just was having a blood sugar crash, though who knows what caused it.  He's staying overnight to get him stable.

Bad news:  it was a torrential storm.  Water was (apparently) running down the door.  On the bottom half of the door, several places where it is bubbling, so I'll have to wait until it is completly dry, sand it off and start over.  Including the bottom of the window trim.  Ahrg.  Had my cat not been, you know, trying to die on me, I would've put plastic over the door (as I've done now.)


2nd coat, door by sarameg
2nd coat, door, a photo by sarameg on Flickr.

Water damage by sarameg
Water damage, a photo by sarameg on Flickr.



Ah well.  It's just paint, right?

No comments: