Saturday, April 16, 2011

Today's work...

I epoxied up the holes, then once that set, sanded them down with my handy electric hand sander.  It was AMAZING.  You could hardly tell there were holes there!

Here is is, pre-sanding.  I forgot to take a picture post.
Epoxied and ready for sanding. by sarameg

Epoxied and ready for sanding., a photo by sarameg on Flickr.


Then I primed.  And added some tape.


Primed by sarameg

And here we have the first coat.  As you can tell, it needs another.

First coat by sarameg

What you can't tell is that I need to sand it in places.  Beginner's stupidity.  Have some drips and, since this is a high gloss (I probably should have gone semi...sigh,) places where my brush work was lacking.  That's tomorrow morning, I guess.  Still have to do the exterior.  MAYBE it'll get done tomorrow.  But I have evening plans, so....

I love the color.

eta:  looking at it, I think I'll go out and get semi-gloss tomorrow for the last coat.  Live and learn.  At least I have another $10 off coupon!

No comments: