Saturday, June 18, 2011

PURPLE SINK!!!

So it's been a while.  No major new developments... Until today!

(Well, unless you count my roof springing a leak in a crazy storm and the retractor on my screen door screen unspringing.  Um.)

My neighbor is renovating his bathroom, all new fixtures.  As luck would have it, he has the original purple sink that mine once had!  And because he is a generous, generous dude, he offered it to me(!)
Today, he got his new fixtures.  So I got mine!

PURPLE SINK!!! by sarameg
PURPLE SINK!!!, a photo by sarameg on Flickr.
It's sitting in my livingroom at the moment.  As you can see, it needs some patching up.  I want to get the rust sanded down and recoated, and then reglaze the whole thing before I install it.

Original Fixtures by sarameg
Original Fixtures, a photo by sarameg on Flickr.


Fixtures are original and match the shower's.

Closeup on bowl and fixtures by sarameg
Closeup on bowl and fixtures, a photo by sarameg on Flickr.


Drain might need redoing as well.  In any case, I was having a hard time finding one  for a) cheap or b) both the bowl and pedestal or c) in purple to match the tub and tilework.   


This picture is from when I looked at the house, so the faucet covers were off.
Bathroom tile and tub by sarameg
Bathroom tile and tub, a photo by sarameg on Flickr.

It's cast iron.  Very heavy, but I can carry the pedestal (dunno about the bowl, B carried it in for me.)
I'm very very pleased.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go pet my sink.

No comments: